Cost of renting a property
Far too often as a tenant you find the property you want to move into, and then discover a whole host of unexpected hidden costs. This is irritating at best – at worst they could push your move to the brink of affordability.
At TwoCan we are determined to make things as fair and affordable as possible, whilst covering the cost of providing our service.
Standard costs to get you in
- One month’s rent in advance
- Five weeks’ rent deposit (refundable) ?
- From 1st June 2019 (Tenant Fee Ban Act), tenants will only have to pay limited fees for reserving, securing, setting up and commencing a tenancy agreement.
- If your application is unsuccessful, following the provision of incorrect information (such as undisclosed issues in your credit history) and you are unable to start a tenancy, the holding deposit will not be refunded.
- If the landlord/agent withdraws the property for any reason other than your unsuitability, then the holding deposit will be returned to you.
- Tenants are responsible for standard household bill payments throughout a tenancy, eg utilities, council tax, telephone/broadband, TV licence.
- Other fees apply during the tenancy, such as breaches of contract, loss of keys, changes to the agreement, rent arrears and early release/end of tenancy. Please ask if you would like further information about this.
- Your deposit will be held in the Deposit Protection Scheme.
These apply to all tenancy agreements granted or signed and executed before 31st May 2019, and can be charged up until 31st May 2020.